cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple subvi's in main front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello and welcome (it is my first post here),

sorry if such subject was already risen, however I don't know how to specify it exactly in terms of LV nomenclature (I'm a beginner in LV) what makes it quite difficult to search the forum.

I need to create an interface with user specified number of input channels (specified during application work, so dynamic loading is necessary). Each channel is to be controlled by subVI. I'd like to load panels of all running input subVI's into some container in a main front panel (similarly to subpanel, but loading multiple VI, not single one). Is there a container capable of this? Is it at all possible in LV?

Regards,

kaolpr

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kaolpr

You can use multiple subpanels. Unfortunately the number of subpanels must be set during development. You could create a method of cycling through your various channels. This would involve loading and unloading the multiple subpanels that you do include in the UI.

Another alternative would be to use a table or something similar. Have your subVIs post updates to the UI code via queues, notifiers or user events. Tables are much easier to manage when your number of elements varies. If you need to have the UI pass information to the subVIs it can also use queues, notifiers or user events.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,154 Views)

Thank you for your replay.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,115 Views)