LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple plots on a single waveform graph outside of loop

Hi there,

I am using Linx to sample 4 analogue data streams from an arduino uno. I am using a template VI from the NI community (see attached). The VI uses a waveform chart inside the loop which samples all 4 channels correctly (I've tested this).

I would now like to create a waveform graph outside of the loop that displays a time plot of the 4 seperate channels after each run of the VI. When I tried doing this I could not connect the cluster data type to a waveform graph. If I connect the output of the Analogue Read VI directly to the waveform graph (after tunnelling) it plots all four channels as a single stream of data (think they actually cancel each other out). Is there a way to seperate these data streams outside of the loop? (Sorry if this seems trivial, I am still quite a novice with LabView and don't have too much time for tutorials as this is part of a time pressured project.)

Thank you for any explanations or solutions. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,702 Views)

Hi Mike,

(Sorry if this seems trivial, I am still quite a novice with LabView and don't have too much time for tutorials as this is part of a time pressured project.)

So a LabVIEW novice is forced to fulfill a "time pressured software project"?

Why did you even take this job?

Learn LabVIEW, then start using it…

I would now like to create a waveform graph outside of the loop that displays a time plot of the 4 seperate channels after each run of the VI. When I tried doing this I could not connect the cluster data type to a waveform graph.

The LabVIEW context help shows which datatypes are expected by charts and graphs. Did you follow that context help?

If I connect the output of the Analogue Read VI directly to the waveform graph (after tunnelling) it plots all four channels as a single stream of data (think they actually cancel each other out)

Unfortunately I cannot open your VI due to its LabVIEW version.

A graph shows just a "single stream of data" (aka a single plot) when you provide a 1D array. As the context help shows it expects a 2D array to display several plots…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,678 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find a solution with some context help Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,665 Views)