From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple copies of lvanlys.dll is causing build problems.

Solved!
Go to solution

My project is using multiple copies of lvanlys.dll.   This is causing build conflicts.  Does any know the solution to this?

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,142 Views)
I think I remember this coming up recently, but I don't remember what the resolution was. Try doing a search on the forum for the name of the DLL.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,135 Views)

I looked up lvanlys.dll but did not find a solution.   

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,126 Views)

Rename the dll file as part of the build (via the prefix option) for dependencies. You'll effectively have multiple copies at run-time loaded into the process memory space but no conflicts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,118 Views)

Ok, I will try this.  thanks.  I will let you know how it works.  

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,076 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark_L

We mass compiled, created packed project libraries and removed unused (downlevel) code from disable structures.  What ultimately helped was to update to the VISION driver on the target PC.  

More info in this thread

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/The-full-development-version-of-Labview-is-required-to-fix-the/td-p/...

So I am not certain what exactly fixed the multiple copy issue but I think just getting the code cleaned up helped.  Now we no longer have multilple copies of lvanlys.dll.

Thanks for your help.   

Mark | CLA
Message 6 of 6
(3,025 Views)