LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple X Axes for set of data

I have a data set that is a function of time in ms, but it is beneficial for the user to be able to see the data point as well as it will let them later choose between which two data points they want to run a curvefit VI. So far, I've used the X-Y Graph VI, but I can't seem to get the second X axis to work, the VI won't accept a 3 element cluster. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,229 Views)

If you had attached your VI, along with some sample data (or code to simulate typical data), we'd (a) understand what you are talking about, (b) be able to "see the failure", and (c) probably be able to suggest a fix.  At present, my crystal ball is not telling me what you are doing wrong (or even what you are doing ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,173 Views)

Bob is correct - code would help us answer... but I'll take a stab at what I think you're asking.

Instead of a cluster with 3 inputs (2 X arrays, 1 Y array), build two separate clusters.  First consisting of X1, Y and second consisting of X2, Y.  Then build an array of the 2 clusters and feed that into your XY graph.

You likely will also want to go to the graph on your front panel, right click your X scale and click "Duplicate Scale".  Then go into the graph properties -> plots and make sure that plot 1 is associated with your duplicated X scale.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,170 Views)