From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sound Card for data acquisition gives read buffer error

I am using 6 usb based sound cards for voltages and currents mearuments of a three phase delta system.. Hardware is working well. but in labview when i use builtin Input=>sound box for data acquisition it also works well upto 4 inputs... but when i use more i.e. 6 it starts giving error "cannt perform action, read buffer is full" some thing like this... som times it goes to "not responding"...i have tried to find the solution and found in another post of this fourm to varry the sampling rate... i did it upto 96000 that is maximum ... but still problem is same...i need to know, how to manually increase the read buffer. if not possible then.. is there any way that labview stop giving any type of error during simulation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,117 Views)

Do you have 6 soundcards, or a sound card with 6 input? It would also help if post your code. You should also know that the NI sound system is far from best best work done by NI. And in the back of my head. I think I have read something that the NI sound system do support more than 4 channels You could try this.   

http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/waveio

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,102 Views)

thnx i hv solved that problem ... now there is another problem... i am getting all my signals in computer but problem comes when i use phase detector. it keep on showing different values in phase measurement block.. how can i manage the signal with correct phase. i cannt send code cz it has many VIs and they are spread in computer. so i am pasting come photos that are showing different. look in picture...it is from same signal and the phase is different..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,100 Views)

sorry i posted same pictures twice

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,095 Views)