LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Events in Event Structure timeout

Solved!
Go to solution

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:What we need is a data transport mechinism to put latest data somewhere our monitor loop can always get latest data regardless of how old it is or when it was last read..

Like a (please don't shoot me for saying this) Global Variable?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(474 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@martian101 wrote:

Thank you everyone for you responses. I ended up finding example code (Find Examples -> Wait For All Notifications Demo) that I could mofify for my use.

I didn't see that within Find Examples.  But going to the ni.com link from within there, I found this

http://www.ni.com/example/29469/en/

Is that the one?

That's the one. It took a little bit of editing to get it to work with a Boolean data type instead of string, but it seems to be fairly functional. It isn't great, but so far has worked out fairly well.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(472 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:What we need is a data transport mechinism to put latest data somewhere our monitor loop can always get latest data regardless of how old it is or when it was last read..

Like a (please don't shoot me for saying this) Global Variable?

Yes, there appears to be no non-polling method anyway.  a Global would be just peachy.  But the line of inquiry was intersting so I ran with it.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(448 Views)