LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple DUT check in parallel mode

Currently i have 60 DUTs to be monitored at the same time.

I would have to retrieve data from each DUT at every 10 mins interval. And this condition has to be run for 60 hours.

The communication protocol with the DUT and the PC is by telnet via a switch.

The IP address of these DUTs are provided by a DHCP server.

The complication comes in where by these 60 DUTs are not connected at the same start time. (e.g. DUT 1 -5 start at hr 1, while DUT 6-7 start at hr 6, while some other at random time and it may not reach full capacity)

The labview application has to start tracking based on the communication established by the IP assigned by the DHCP server. Currently, we are using the DHCP.log to determine the incoming DUT.

With the above scenario, can some expert advise on the method to go about this. I attempted with 60 Whille loops but it seems to slow down the entire system.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,640 Views)

Hi Vonn,

you can use a vi template do get what you need. You only need to program it ones and then you can call it as often as you need.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,627 Views)

60 while loops will surely pull your system down.

1. My suggestion is to develop a poll logic (a single while loop) which will poll all the IP addresses provided by the DHCP.log periodically.

When a set of DUT's gets connected then remove those IP from polling loop so that only the DUT's that are not connected will be polled.

2. Inorder to get the data at 10mins interval just make a timer that triggers for 10mins once and once triggered take the connected IP list and get the data from DUT's

Post back for queries.

With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,626 Views)

Hello sir/madam 

I have 12 DUT,and my data log time is 60 sec,can you have data save time vi shall you please share with mi

Thank you

Gopal wagh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,911 Views)