LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple DAQ assistants

Dear all,

I want to create an analog signal by letting an elapsed-time-block controlling when it's on and off. This worked well with the code down below. The problem is that I want to create two more analog signals by using the same technique. However, it does not allow me to create additional DAQ assistants since the analog outputs belong to the same hardware module. Can it be resolved somehow? If not, I have to rethink my programming. I'd really appreciate tips on how to implement these three analog outputs in a different manner.

I'm using a BNC-2120 along with a NI PXIe-1073 and NI PXIe-6368. 

Thank you in advance,
Patrik

labview1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,524 Views)

You can add channels to your existing DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,519 Views)

Hi Patrik,

simple solution: put all AO channels into the very same DAQmx task (or DAQAssistant)!

What's the point of using local variables when the terminals are unused in the block diagram?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Thank you for your quick responses. To clarify one thing: the three different output signals I want to create need to be controlled by different elapsed-time-blocks, because in the end I want to create three different load patterns. Please ask if there is something I can clarify. 
Best regards,
Patrik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,512 Views)

You can use 3 different elapsed timers.

Combine both loops into 1.  Maintain your current status of the outputs in a shift register.  Whenever one of the elapsed timers goes true, change the value of the particular channel associated with it and rewrite the entire set of channels to the DAQ assistant.

If you have different values for off and on, all you have to do is change the target value for that specific Elapsed Time Timer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,502 Views)