LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Channels Agilent 2000 3000-x

I am incredibly new to Labview, so please bare with me here.

I am trying to modify existing code to record data from two channels of an osciloscope. I have been searching the internet high and low for a solution, but I haven't found anything.

I have attached a screen cap of my current setup. For the first two case structures I am trying to "force" the channel configure into differnet channels, but every time I start measuring with signal going in to one channel both channels measure the same pulse.

Thanks for any help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,952 Views)

Do not do the setups in parallel.  You are likely just confusing the instrument.  Setup one channel, then the other.  After the scope acquires the waveform, read from one channel and then the other.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 17
(2,948 Views)

So something along these lines?scope measurement.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,939 Views)

Hi Qube,

yes, along these lines.

As all case structures depend on the same condition you can combine them.

As both channels use the same settings you could use a FOR loop instead, the only difference is the channel enum…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 17
(2,915 Views)

Thanks for the replies guys, I would imagine these are super trivial questions for you.

So I have combined the case structures and everything should have the correct settings, but how would I go about connecting this to my graph graphing now?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,908 Views)

How are you currently doing it?  Personally, I would use a FOR loop to read the data from the two channels.  It there is a function available, read then as a waveform data type.  You can then wire the array of waveforms to your graph.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 17
(2,900 Views)

I'm trying to setup the array. I get to channels now with the "Read Waveform" vi, but I can't put it into my array because of conflicting terminal types. It's saying that my source is a 1D array of Waveform, but I just need the Waveform. Is there any way to convert this that I'm missing?

Side note: I'm trying to graph temperature and wavelength at the same time.

scope measurement.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,892 Views)

Oh, there's a VI to get multiple channel's data.  And the output is already an array of waveforms!  Just wire that array straight to your graph.  And change your XY Plot to a Graph.

GCentral
Message 8 of 17
(2,889 Views)

I should already have that VI here, it's the "Read Waveforms (Multiple)". When I double click that VI it shows two different channels of the scope (which is awesome!) but when I try to run the line to my graph it just throws errors, so I figured I would just have two seperate graphs. I am still only getting one channel on the graph though...

scope measurement.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,879 Views)

Your problem is that you have an XY Plot.  You need a Graph.  They are very similar, but very different.

GCentral
Message 10 of 17
(2,861 Views)