Hi, I am trying to read out multiple cursor Y positions at a given cursor x position from a cursor list of a multi-plot mixed signal graph. Only the first cursor Y value is returned. I have seen an apparent solution here that "adds a cursor reference to the cursor plot ", but this does not work for me. The Mixed graph shows up all Y values but when I try to read the Y values out for use else where, I only get the first y value.
Show us how you are doing it. Currently you don't provide sufficient information for us to see what could be wrong.
Please attach a simple VI that shows the problem. Make sure it contains typical default data.
i eventually observed the problem. The cursor list actually had only one cluster element in the array, so the previous observation is well justified. However even though it worked after initializing with more cluster elements to the csrlist and using diffeent cursor.plot indices, I eventually dropped that approach because it turned out not be too slow for me. Modifying the cursor list with a new x pos and then reading from the modified cursor list to get the Y position turned out to be too slow so I took a totally different approach that works for me now. I would have somen other questions for you on another thread shortly 🙂
Sorry, my imagination is not good enough to undestand a single thing about what you tried. All your sentences are very ambiguous. Showing some simple code would help tremendously to illustrate what you are doing or trying to do. How do you measure "slow"? What are the speed requirements?
OK. Altenbach here is an example of what i was trying to achieve: "Change the Cursor X position programmatically and then read out the new corresponding y-values". The attached vi shows how i did it and it worked. However, i find it slow for some reason, dont know if it had to do with the size of data/channels in the graph or may be due to the fact that i had to first write to the cursorlist and then read from it, so i took a totally different approach (without even using the cursor list property) which works better. Note that the data used here is just for illustrative purposes, it is not the actual data. The actual data had about 81 Channels with an array size of about 100,000 x 81 Can you propose a more efficent code than this, just for learning purposes as I have already achieved my aim. I have a different question which i will be sharing on a different post/thread