From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi line text box with scroll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to setup a multi line text box where new strings are appended and the box scrolls.  I found a previous post with a good example. However in the example there was a while loop using shift registers to concatenate the strings and thus append the new string.  In my situation I have a case statement and the new string is added based on an independent state.

How do I  concatenate the new string with what is already in the text box?  The text box is an indicator so there is no output for me to loop back into a concantator. Attached is a picture to help describe what I'm trying to do.

I apologize if this is a dumb question, I'm very new to LabView.

I'm using LabView 8.2

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,215 Views)
You could use a local variable or property node to do this. But be aware that a shift register is really a much better solution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnSantaFe

You could use a feedback node in the middle of where your broken wire is.

You can use a shift register as well on your outer (not shown) while loop.  Just wire it through the false case and do the concatenation in the true case.

Message 3 of 3
(3,198 Views)