From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving linear stage using .tex file

Hi

I am using labview to  interface DAQ card with my linear XY Stage (ASI MG 2000), i am giving coordinates in X Y using .tex file. When I run the the code in highlighted mode, it reads the text file, line by line. But when I switch to normal mode it reads the every third line in the code. So i have to repeat all the line in the code twice for accurate movement. 

Can someone help me why it is happening

Thanks in advance

I am attaching the code for reference

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,682 Views)

Thanks for attaching the code.  There are a number of questions:

• Your Title and the first line of your Post mentions a .tex file.  Are the files text files of raw LaTeX (or some other TeX) manuscript?  Or do you mean "text" files, recognized by the extension .txt?
  • It might be helpful to attach a sample file.
  • I see a VISA reference.  You seem to be writing to the VISA Port, though you also execute Get Motor Status (which also sounds like a "Write").  I don't know much about the linear stage, and what its timing requirements might be.  Can you provide a reference to how the Stage works with VISA?
  • I see a Milliseconds to Wait control that might "slow down" some of the processing, as does highlight execution mode.  Might you be saying "Go-Go-Go" too quickly?  How does the Stage let you know when you can send another command?
  • Have you considered an architecture where you wait for the Stage to be ready for a command, give the command, and go back to a Wait state?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,630 Views)