LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Modal Panels without Title Bars

We have custom modal dialog boxes without Title Bars that we want to be able to move around the display by dragging and dropping in the usual way but by left clicking on the panel background rather than the title bar.

Programmatically I appear to have to re-position the front panel and all of the display/control elements on that panel fo every move step, is this right or is there an easier way?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Regards

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,192 Views)

hi there

see attachment....

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 2 of 8
(3,189 Views)

whoa...

you have to use right click in my vi... switch to "Button 1" in the diagram for left click movement.......

Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,186 Views)
Nice.

Cheers

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,181 Views)
OK that looks nice, but I have one problem what if i move my mouse off the panel then there will be no more events, does anyone have an idea to track the mouse outside the VI?

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,145 Views)
Remove the Event Structure?

Regards

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,127 Views)
try this....
Best regards
chris

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,125 Views)
Hi Chris,

you're answer came close, I modified it a bit to be more accurate. The things I've done are:
move the location reading into the event structure (it's better correlated, in the time-out you had a lag of 10 ms.)
set the timeout to -1 when the mouse is inside the pane (mouse-enter and mouse-leave events)

Then I'd thought wouldn't it be nice if this code can be a sub-vi called on a mouse-down event?
That worked BUT in the subvi there are no events generated on the pane class, althought dynamic registration worked I can't seem to trigger events... Smiley Sad

So the sub-vi works but only because of the time-out case....

Sorry but i can't add attachments

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,097 Views)