cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Average Filter

Solved!
Go to solution

@sammir wrote:

THanks for all the reply. But this code is working fine in simple Labview but not in Labview FPGA. So please if some one designed the moving avarage filter in labview FPGA so please let me know. Or post the result or answer so that can be useful for otheruser also.

How is it not working?  What error are you getting?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(6,491 Views)

Hello\

Please check the attached pic.

And in place of array I wanted to connect the analog input from the FPGA for example two channels. So please suggest the solution.   

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(6,470 Views)

@sammir wrote:

Hello\

Please check the attached pic.

And in place of array I wanted to connect the analog input from the FPGA for example two channels. So please suggest the solution.   

Do you need to have a variable sample window? For FPGA programming it is better to pick a sample size at design time to save space.  The prior implementations I posted will work for static sample sizes.

You may be able to use the Xilinx RAM based shift register for a variable delay with the subtraction portion depending on what chasis you have.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(6,462 Views)

Yes I need to have variable sample window. So please can you attach your program VI so I can test it for my target. So I can see the result and what I am doing wrong 

I have cRIO 9082 Chassis with 8 slots.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(6,449 Views)

@sammir wrote:

Yes I need to have variable sample window. So please can you attach your program VI so I can test it for my target. So I can see the result and what I am doing wrong 

I have cRIO 9082 Chassis with 8 slots.

This should work, although it is untested.  You can duplicate the Z-n blocks for more delay(sample size).  If you use powers of 2 for sample size you can use a bit shift to do the division and save space.  The average won't be valid for the first n samples.

VariableMean.png

Edit: Had the subtract inputs swapped.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(6,445 Views)

I guess I ran out of edit time.

Actually the decrement on the input of the Z-n is unneeded, the function inludes the 1 sample latency.

I would replace the divide with a multiply by reciprocal.  With the reciprocal as a control loaded by the host system.

VariableMean.png

Message 16 of 22
(6,428 Views)

Hello

I am agree with WillD but the problem is we can not use the other data type and FPGA only gives us output in the FXP format and processing the FXP data are bit complicated. Also I have tried your solution but for me its not useful but thanks fort the solution. If you have some idea then you can try the proposed example and see the result and let us know the solution. 

So with the fig you can more clear.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(6,408 Views)

That variale delay node is an FPGA IP.  It can't run in a host.  On the host side, you are going to need to implement the array manipulation I performed in my proposed solution.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(6,395 Views)

Hello 

Where can I find your proposed solution.. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(6,387 Views)

Do you want to do the calculation on the FPGA or the Host?  FPGA has been mentioned numerous times, so I figured you needed it in the FPGA.

On the host there are many ways:

Pass your data as an array, size = sample size, use the Mean.vi

Pass your data into a loop and for each sample use the Mean-Pt-by-Pt.vi

Use the array method shown previously in this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(6,381 Views)