From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to back "iwebbrowser2". Possible?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to move to back the "iwebbrowser2" indicator in the Front Panel. I am trying to implement a simple path editor for Google Maps with a XY graph on top of the "iwebbrowser", but no matter I do, the browser is always above the rest.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,810 Views)

I tried and you are right, move to back does not work. It works on an empty .NET container but as soon as you put the web browser in it you can not move it back.

You are trying to cover it with something else right? If you don't want to see it you can hide the indicator. Or am I not understanding correctly?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,805 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your message!

The idea is to implement a path editor for an UAV with Google Maps as background. I was planning to do it covering the Google Maps window with a XY graph with a transparent background but I guess it's not possible... I should try a different approach, but I guess there isn't an easy solution since the 'iwebbrowser' will be always on top...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,793 Views)

I just tried with an ActiveX container. Same deal - can not put a LabVIEW control in front. I tried changing to a Visio document but get the same behavior.

Anyone know a workaround? If there is not a workaround then you can probably extract the document into an image and go from there.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,772 Views)

Hi Metropolitan,

would be enough if you use a picture as background of your XY graph?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,764 Views)