LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move leave event with Cluster of enum controls

Hi friends, 

I've a cluster control and a boolean control whose property are changed with respect to mouse events.

Boolean control will display the cluster control when user selects the boolean.

The cluster control has an enum, string and boolean controls. When user changes/selects the value from enum drop down menu event structure takes that as an mouse leave event and hides the cluster.

My issue here is the cluster should not hide itself if user selects values from enum.

Test 1.PNG                            Test 2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,721 Views)

I'm not entirely sure I understood you correctly: You want the Cluster to display, when the Button is clicked and to disappear when it's "unclicked" i.e. false, correct? Then it seems to me that you are looking for the Value change event and not the mouse enter event.

The mouse enter event will also trigger if the user puts the cursor on the button and then decides not to click it.

Also: If you don't want the Cluster to disappear, why did you create the mouse leave event for it that tells it to do so?

Take a look at the attached VI and please feel free to ask if you have any questions left.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,701 Views)

This VI is doing exactly what you told it to do.  (Isn't that frustrating?)  You told it to hide the control when the mouse enters.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,687 Views)

Hi PeterFoerster, 

Your VI gave me a new idea where insted user to have an mouse down event on same control they can have it on pane and we can match the control coordinates to hide them.

Hope I was not clear in my post, i'm accessing an control in enum and when i try to select list from drop down, the cluster containing the enum and other controls hides itself by showing just the drop down list in the enum selected.

Regards, 

Ganesh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,662 Views)

I'm not clear on your last post.  Were you able to solve your problem?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,647 Views)

Hi Billko, 

I've made the control as a seperate VI and changed the functional aspects as I required.

The problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,614 Views)

Excellent!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,605 Views)