LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse wheel scroll problem with indicators

Hello,

I have a problem, when the VI is running I can scroll an array of controls but when I switch to scrolling an array of indicators the Mouse wheel scroll is not working anymore on this array. The built in mouse support in enabled on these two arrays.

has anyone seen this problem before?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,908 Views)

I couldn't open you attached code because I only have LabVIEW 2015.

However I made a very simple example and found the same behavior you describe. Strangely if you manually move the scroll bar down on your indicator array and then try to use the mouse wheel it jumps straight to the top of the array. I did this a few times and then LabVIEW crashed and since then I have lost the option to even enable mouse wheel support. Robot Indifferent

Sorry I do not have the answer however maybe my extra info will help debug further.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor

CLA CPI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,852 Views)

I ran your vi and noticed the same response.  It is almost as if it hasn't completed the action and is waiting.  You can physically click on the scroll bar and slide it up and down, but not scrolling on it.

On the block diagram, if you move that array code into the loop, now you can scroll with the mouse.  ODD

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,843 Views)

In LabVIEW 2015 it apparently doesn't matter if it is in our out of the loop in both cases it doesn't respond to the mouse wheel very Odd indeed

CLA CPI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,841 Views)

I slowed the clock wait down to 2000 to determine if it might be update related.  See if that changes your scrolling capabilities.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,839 Views)

When I adapted the timing I get the below error as soon as I attempt to scroll using LabVIEW 2015.

DAbort 0x2CADF6E3 in panelsup.cpp

The plot thickens

CLA CPI

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,834 Views)

Got it to work with the timing and the scroll still doesn't function

CLA CPI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,833 Views)

Hi ! thanks for the code, let me run it too and see how it behaves.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,813 Views)

Hi all,

I'm seeing the same behavior after running the code. You can scroll through the indicator array while running by clicking into the array index box and then scrolling(up).

Regards,

Alex G.

Applications Engineering

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,788 Views)

Hey guys,

I know this thread is old, but I just found a workaround and thought I should share it somewhere. This is on LabView 2016, but the behavior was the same: I could scroll my front panel array with the mouse wheel in development mode, but as soon as I ran the VI, any movement of the mouse wheel would return the array to the top. I ended up having to disable built-in mouse wheel support, and implementing the attached code in the event structure. I hope this helps someone until NI gets this fixed!

Message 10 of 10
(3,603 Views)