cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse wheel event not triggered on disabled control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I recently discovered that the "Mouse Wheel" event is not triggered on disabled control.
On the example I made (see below) when i scroll, when my cursor is above the array "Time[]", my indicator "Delta" should change.

This case happen only if the control "Time[]" is enabled, if it is disabled we never go in the Mouse wheel event (sorry my "Mouse Wheel" event is written in french).

TenJigoku77_0-1624557407025.png------> code attached

I disabled this array because I don't want the user to be able to select the text in it.

So I have to keep this array disabled, but on the other way I need to capture the mouse wheel event to scroll.

Did you ever see this ? Do you have a trick or something to solve it ?

Any idea would be great ^^

Thanks and see you soon !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,436 Views)

You could discard e.g. mouse down events

(You can use the coords event data to still allow operating the scrollbar and index display. Not shown).

altenbach_0-1624559064242.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,421 Views)

Another way would be to put a transparent string control over and on top of the array> Capture the scroll events for the "hidden" string control but apply the scrolling to the array.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TenJigoku77

You can disable the individual elements of an array, and keep the array itself in the enabled state. See the screenshot and notice that only the first element is being highlighted.

Spoiler
FireFist-Redhawk_0-1624560611330.png

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,402 Views)

Hi ! 

&   : I can't use those solutions because I need to be able to click on any line of the array --> I capture that event to display some datacvsees. But it was a great proposition ^^

FirstFist-Redhawk : I didn't think about that, thanks it works very well !

Thank you very much everyone and see you soon on the forum 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,344 Views)