LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Scroll does not work in case structure case drop down on Windows 10

On Windows 10 machines there seems to be an issue where in LabVIEW the mouse scroll works fine for scrolling you front panel and block diagram but it does not work for any drop-down list, i.e. rings, combo boxes, case structures, event structures, etc.

This worked fine in Windows 7 and I first thought it was an incompatibility between LV2013 and Windows 10 but LV2015 has the same issue.

Unfortunately I inherited a statemachine with 100+ cases in one case structure and without the mouse scroll (and lo scroll bar) switching cases has become much more tedious.

Does anyone have an idea whether this is a Windows 10 settings issue or if this is a LabVIEW issue?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,501 Views)

Are you using Ctrl+Scroll while the mouse is over the case structure? Or just scrolling?

For me, I cannot mouse-scroll through rings/enums etc. (with or without pressing ctrl), but I can scroll through case/event structures pressing ctrl while scrolling the mouse wheel.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,495 Views)

I was talking about scrolling in the drop-down of the case list which works fine in Windows 7.

I never new about the Ctrl+Scroll on the case structure. That might do as a replacement.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,489 Views)

Sorry I don't have LabVIEW on Windows 10 right now so I can't test your setup.  But I did want to mention that there are a few tools to help with huge case structures.  I know this isn't a solution to the scrolling issue, but it might make scrolling less necessary.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24058

Message 4 of 12
(4,486 Views)
Wow, this tool is fantastic. And I can even scroll the list it generates 🙂
Thanks for suggesting it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,468 Views)

@hfettig wrote:

I was talking about scrolling in the drop-down of the case list which works fine in Windows 7.

I never new about the Ctrl+Scroll on the case structure. That might do as a replacement.

Really? I just tried it and it didn't work for me? (Win 7, LV2013 & 2014)

This is where I'm trying to use the scrollwheel:

2016-03-31_17-10-56.png

Doesn't do anything. Using the arrow keys works though.

The Ctrl+Scroll is really handy though, I use it all the time. 🙂

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,465 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

@hfettig wrote:

Really? I just tried it and it didn't work for me? (Win 7, LV2013 & 2014)

This is where I'm trying to use the scrollwheel:

2016-03-31_17-10-56.png

Doesn't do anything. Using the arrow keys works though.

Try it one a case structure that has enough states for the arrows to show up at the top and bottom of the list.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,461 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

In the spirit of CTRL+Scroll I have another tip.  So who here has a 5 button mouse?  One with the back and forward buttons?  I was always irked by the non use of them in LabVIEW.  I didn't know what they should do, but I wanted them to do something.  So using XMouse Buttons I mapped the back and forward buttons to CTRL+Wheel.  So pressing forward would go to the next case, and back would go previous.  I also had the middle mouse button invoke quick drop by CTRL+Space.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Mouse-Navigate-buttons-at-Edit-time/m-p/3194215#M925482

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,437 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

In the spirit of CTRL+Scroll I have another tip.  So who here has a 5 button mouse?  One with the back and forward buttons?  I was always irked by the non use of them in LabVIEW.  I didn't know what they should do, but I wanted them to do something.  So using XMouse Buttons I mapped the back and forward buttons to CTRL+Wheel.  So pressing forward would go to the next case, and back would go previous.  I also had the middle mouse button invoke quick drop by CTRL+Space.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Mouse-Navigate-buttons-at-Edit-time/m-p/3194215#M925482

I have these bound and find them very useful, along with a bind for CTRL+e for the block diagram. I also have a horizontal scroll wheel that I find amazing. Would highly recommend a fancy mouse for LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,414 Views)

I have these buttons set to Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V =))

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,393 Views)