From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor control

I am new to labview

I want to control a motor in such way that I have to pause   during the run after a few seconds from the beginning of run.  After the pause I have to run the motor run. Any body can help how to do this ...  Please help me in this problem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,933 Views)

Hi FSK

Thanks for using the discussion forums!  Motor control is a common application using LabVIEW and you can develop custom functionality such as you are describing.  I have a couple of questions about your set-up to get us started;

• What hardware do you have to interface between your computer and the motor?
  • What motor are you using?

You will probably look to generate a pulse-width modulated (PWM) digital output to switch a relay, but the way that you code this differs depending on the hardware platform you are using.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,925 Views)

Hi Peter

I am using NI 9474 digital output module   to run the DC Motor.  I am controlling the DC motor speed using PWM which I got from the labview site. With this circuit I want the pause option for a few seconds...

Regards

FSK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,921 Views)

Thanks for that.  So do you have your motor running at constant velocity now?

Could you post your code to see how you are generating your PWM signal?

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,913 Views)

Thanks for the reply . Sorry for the delay., due to network problem here.

I don't know weather it is running in constant velocity or not. My aim  of the program is to run the motor about an angle then the stop for a while again run for the another angle stop for while then again run. This process continuous....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,892 Views)

Thanks for this FSK.

I have a couple of questions;

- Does the angle of rotation always remain constant?

- Is the 'wait' between rotations always constant?

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,882 Views)

Dear peter

the angle of rotation always constant.

the time for  pause between  runs are always constant

regards

FSK

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,872 Views)

Hi FSK

I have put together an example which demonstates the functionality you require.  I have annotated the block diagram as to its operation.

* Note - this example is software timed and as such will introduce (small) delays between reaching a position and stopping the motor.  Which reduces the accuracy.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,862 Views)

Hai Peter

I will compile the results and tell . Right now I am not in the lab where I am doing the experiment.

Thanks for your reply

regards

FSK

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,845 Views)