From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Controller communication via PDO CANopen

I am using a Mattkeg Servo position Controller (MDR2300) to control a PMSM via Speed and Position control. The motor controller uses the CANopen protocol to receive commands from the NI Realtime Controller. In order to send the speed, position, velocity, etc commands, I am currently using the SDO method of communication. But I want to use the PDO method in order to do the same.

I am using the 'NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen 1.0.3' library. The examples given by NI regarding PDO, transmit/receive 64bit word. But the way I understand it, the Objects can be mapped to the 4 transmit and 4 receive PDO's so that I can send, for example object values for target_position, profile_velocity, profile_acceleration, and polarity in one PDO msg. I managed to do the PDO mapping using the LabVIEW Batch SDO process. But I don't know how to use it further in my Program. I have attached the current program I have that uses SDO. I wish to accomplish the same using PDO. Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks a lot for your help.. Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,192 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,171 Views)

Thanks a lot. I shall post it there. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,150 Views)