LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion control with third party PCI card and LabVIEW

Hello everybody!

I have an application to control motion of servo motor with LabVIEW and third party PCI card (DMC2410 - Leadshine make).

I have interfaced servo drive with PCI card and PCI card with PC. started with a basic application and its working fine.

In the attached screen shot i'll give set position in 'mm' after press 'start; button motor will rotate.

Now i have to set profile from excel sheet instead of a Numeric Control.

So how can i replace the set position Numeric Control with profile(excel) selection control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,133 Views)

You can implement the code in pieces and essentially there should be 2 pieces:

1. Reading EXCEL profile (series of set-points)

2. Controlling motor to set the positions (set-points)

Now where exactly are you facing problem, as you already specified

nvramana406@gmail.com wrote:

I have interfaced servo drive with PCI card and PCI card with PC. started with a basic application and its working fine.

that there is no problem in communicating with the motor.

For implementing 2 point (Controlling motor to set the positions), probably you can keep the motor controller driver (VI) in 'Autoindex enabled' For loop.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,121 Views)

Both of them.

First, it should accept the series of setpoints from excel, and then motor have to act with respects the to the set points.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,113 Views)

The attached picture (names as Block dia.jpg) is actually a snapshot of Front panel...!!

Can you post your code and also the format of setpoints file, that is your excel file itself.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,104 Views)

Yeah, you can download the VI and DMC 2410 library from following link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzljo8889o47nr3

**you have to copy the "DMC2410" library folder into following path to open the VI with out errors.
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW xxxx\user.lib

set point profile will be two columns (time and displacement) of any random values for now.
Plz modify the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,093 Views)

Please suggest solution for this. Let me know if you need any inputs from me for better understanding.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,068 Views)