LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion 73xx Reset Position

Greetings everyone, I'm having a few issues with the "Reset Position" function in the 73xx pallete, concretely, it only works once, and only at the start of the program, after that if I move the position and call the function again, it sends an "OK" thru the error cluster, but does nothing. Here's the setup:

-NI Motion 7350 Card

-2 DC Servos powered by Kollmorgen Drives. 

-Drives controlled via Voltage output (+- 10VDC), feedback by encoder pulses

-Working in absolute position mode.

First time I call it, it works ok and resets the axis position to a value close to zero, but then it seemingly ignores it and does nothing. I have tried stopping motion killing axis before calling the function, enabling the drives (24V input hardware enable) with zero current before calling, nothing does the trick. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,603 Views)

Hello,

Have you tried to use interactive exectution from NI-MAX to verify if it has the same behaviour?

Please send some screenshots of your code and if its possible MAX configuration as well.

Regards,

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,513 Views)

@Daikataro wrote:

Greetings everyone, I'm having a few issues with the "Reset Position" function in the 73xx pallete, concretely, it only works once, and only at the start of the program, after that if I move the position and call the function again, it sends an "OK" thru the error cluster, but does nothing.

First time I call it, it works ok and resets the axis position to a value close to zero, but then it seemingly ignores it and does nothing. I have tried stopping motion killing axis before calling the function, enabling the drives (24V input hardware enable) with zero current before calling, nothing does the trick. Any ideas?

Are you reading back the position immediatly after the execution of Reset Position.flx? Tere is a note in the help file that says:

Note  If you are using this VI with an NI 7350 or NI PCI-7390 device that you are reading positions on, it might take up to 5 ms for the application to display the most recently read position after you call this VI.

That might be your issue but it's hard to tell without seeing your code.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,506 Views)