From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one input to waveform graphic

We have x-axis represent for time and y-axis for amplitude of the signal... How can we give in more than one input to y-axis so we can monitor all signals
(about 4 signals I need) on the same graph?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,435 Views)
I'm just a begineer myself, but this is how I've accomplished this task in the past.

First of all, I was receiving my data as a 1-D array of waveform data. I wired this data to a 'build array' function inside a 'for loop' where I then spliced it into a 'build waveform' to combine it with a time value from the waveform data. I essentially just rearranged the data to a form that could graph all data simultaneously. The attached vi might help my explanation.

There is probably an easier way.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,435 Views)
Hi,
to show multiple plots on your waveform graph you have to organize them into array and connect to the node of the waveform graph in the diagram.
1. If you use numeric arrays to represent plots you have to collect them into 2D array (array of plots).
2. If you use waveforms to represent plots you have to collect them into 1D array of waveforms.

The example is attached.

Good luck.

Oleg Chutko.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,435 Views)
Phan,

Please see the Waveform Graph.vi example in \examples\general\graphs\gengraph.llb. This example shows many different ways of plotting multiple plots on to a graph.
As a general answer, to plot multiple plots on a chart, create a bundle where each plot is one item in the bundle. To plot multiple waveforms to a graph, build an array of waveforms where each array item is one plot.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,435 Views)