LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Battery Voltage on NI9221 with Labview 8.5

Hello,

I'm new here and have no expierence with this hardware or software.  I'm working on a school project where we are trying to continously monitor the voltage of a battery that's under discharge.  Can anyone help me?

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,486 Views)

Open LabVIEW. Click on help>>find examples and this will open the example finder. On the browse tab choose>>Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Voltage>>Cont Acq&Graph Voltage_Int CLK.vi. This should get you started.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,481 Views)

Alright I did that and got a graph to display.  When I try and change the parameters for voltage nothing seems to happen on the graph.  I want to measure 12v batteries.  Any idea on how to set up the NI 9221 module? I'm not sure where I need to plug the wires into and what not/ 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,448 Views)

I beleive I might have led you astray. The NI9221 is a CRIO module and not just regular DAQ so that example will not work. Go to your example finder and on the search tab type in 9221. In LabVIEW 2010 there is a getting started project>> NI 9221 - Getting Started - Scan Mode.lvproj that has pretty good documentation.

I hope you have that in LabVIEW 8.5.

If this is CRIO see Getting Started.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,445 Views)