LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor and Control a device through web

Hello guys!

I build a vi that gets voltage measurements from a sensor for a wind turbine and both shows them and writes them in a tdms file.

Another guy has built a simulation of a wind turbine in Labview.

I want to be able to run them remotely ( I want to have a website where I can have the front panels and have access to them). At first, I thought of using the Web Publishing tool but I saw that it has limitations (you have to install the specific plugin, it does not work in all browsers, etc.). So I wanted to try to use the web module of Labview NXG, because you can easily build a web vi and have it in a browser at no time. But the thing is that web vis do not support the  Daqmx palette. 

Does anyone have any idea how can I create a webpage to show the front panels of the two projects and control them remotely?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,718 Views)

Why don't you try "SystemLink Tag"?

For example,

control: NXG Web UI --(tag)--> LabVIEW.vi (or NXG.gvi)

data: vi (or gvi) --(tag)--> NXG Web UI

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
Message 2 of 4
(1,677 Views)

I am not familiar with SystemLink Tag. You say I can have a web vi front panel that communicates with the vi I have built, to acuire data from the wind turbine, through this tag and when I do a change in the web vi, it communicates on the background with the vi and make the change?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,647 Views)

@kapablanca wrote:

I am not familiar with SystemLink Tag. You say I can have a web vi front panel that communicates with the vi I have built, to acuire data from the wind turbine, through this tag and when I do a change in the web vi, it communicates on the background with the vi and make the change?

Yes, you can have web page developed with LabVIEW NXG Web Module. The page can communicate with other .gvi or .vi via SystemLink Tag. Those can read or write a tag.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,595 Views)