Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Files installed in system by installer

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author FraggerFox

You may use commandline options. If you use the run option in windows it may look like this.

"C:\installer\Volume\setup.exe" /l*v c:\Package.log

This will create a log in c:\ named package.log

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 11 of 16
(998 Views)

Parag D wrote:

Well, I believe that LabVIEW Application Installer cannot be created through Installshield.

It can be created using Install Shield. In one of my projects, we used it to offer wider options to the customer for the distribution of various files & folders in a single package. It was during my days with LV 7.0 & 7.1.

If you have somebody who uses a text-based prog language in your company, please ask them. They may be in a better position to guide you with more details of it.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(985 Views)
I am trying out what rouge said right now. Will update if it works.
However Partha, are you very sure that you can monitor each and every files installed during installation of LabVIEW application?

If you have any step by step procedure for installshield creation, please post the link for the same.

Message Edited by Parag D on 05-26-2009 10:52 AM
Message Edited by Parag D on 05-26-2009 10:53 AM
-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(983 Views)
Sorry, I dont have any document. It was taken care by a person specifically meant to create installers for our applications in my previous company.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(975 Views)

Hi Parag,

I would not recommend trying to build the installer using InstallShield, as it will not be able to pull in any of the NI drivers, LV run-time engine, or support components.

While the Microsoft Installer engine (MSI) does not have explicit support for doing this, Coq's suggestion above is a good one.  Specifically, you can:

• run the setup with a log parameter like this:  setup.exe /log logfile.txt
  • search logfile.txt with a text editor or "grep" tool, and search for the string ": File:" This should give you all of the files that are installed.

Regards,

- WesW / NI

Message 15 of 16
(949 Views)

Coq's suggestion worked and now I am able to monitor the files installed!

Thanks all!

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(933 Views)