LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying version 6 VIs in version 8

I am trying to modify a VI that was created using labview v6.0.  I am modifying it in v8.0.  The old program uses the Analogue input VI called 'AI Acquire Waveforms'.  It uses a device number to decide which instrument to use along with the appropriate count, rate and other settings.  Instead I want to use a VI in the Universal Library for LabView with version 8.0 program.  The VI I specifically want to use is called 'AInScFg' (Analogue In Foreground).  The VI is similar, it uses a 'Board number' instead of device number. 

The main difference is that on the 'AI Acquire Waveforms' VI, the output wire type is a 2D array, an Actual period time, and an error out.  On the 'AInScFg' it has a single array of ADData type, an Actual rate, and an error out.  The 2D array must be transformed in order to be graphed.  So to ge to the point here, the old version uses the transform VI and then makes indices of the transform two times to create Array Index VIs for index 0 and 1(constants set for Array Index).  These indices are then put into a Build Array and sent to the Y part of a node for a waveform graph (the node has Xo, dX, Y parameters). 

When i try to do this with 'AInScFg' the ADData indices are not arrays like they are with the previously mentioned indecies.  How can I create the same output using the AInScFg?  Thanks,

-Tekky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,335 Views)
What is the "Universal Library for LabVIEW"? It sounds like the old program indexed the 2D array and created a waveform data type. I don't understand the reason why since AI Acquire Waveforms can optionally return a waveform data type anyway and if only a single waveform was required, AI Acquire Waveform (no 's') could have been used. What exactly is ADData type? If it's a cluster, what are the elements?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,324 Views)
You need to contact Measurement Computing, as that is their software.  I believe that some of those VI's are polymorphic.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,305 Views)