LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying 'signal output range' for AO task from within LabView

Hi! I have configured a Tasks in MAX which is an analog output. I created a custom scale and set the signal output range from 0 to 250 RPM, per my scale. This works great.

My LV application allows the user to 'calibrate' his inverter, and the VI updates the custom scale based on the new fit. In some cases, the maximum range of the output could change based upon the new equation.

Is there a way to programmatically update the signal output range max for my task? I tried using a DAQmx Channel Propety Node and set the AO.Max - but I don't believe it is writing back to the MAX.

Any help? Thanks!
~Jayesh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,406 Views)
Hello Jayesh,

It looks like you are trying to accomplish several things. Here are some resources to assist you:

1) Creating Custom Scaling in LabVIEW

Programmatically Create a Custom Scale in DAQmx

My Custom Scale Does Not Show Up in Measurement and Automation Explorer

2) Changing the maximum and minimum values of analog output

How To Change Min and Max Values For Data Acquisition Without Stopping the Program?

3) Programmatically changing task configurations in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)

Discussion Forum: How to programmatically configure MAX?

How to Programmatically Change Your NI-DAQ Configuration File Using 6i Windows Registry Functions

You can use this example as a starting point, later versions of LabVIEW also has a set of Windows Registry Access vis.

NOTE***
  Incorrectly modifying the Registry can damage Windows and may even prevent you from starting Windows.

For your application, you may want to consider why you need to make configuration changes in MAX. Can everything you need to do be done in LabVIEW?

Regards,
  Sandra T.

Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,380 Views)