LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Tektronix 2230 Driver

Hi,

I am working on interfacing a Tektronix 2232 Scope.  I have downloaded the driver from http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E96C2659CE034080020E748... and have made a few minor changes.  What I would like to be able to do is using average mode, take upwards of 70 sweeps to average in one run.  To do so, I am using an optical chopper as the external trigger.  Once commenced, the program will stop at an arbitrary number of sweeps (say 25ish), stop, then save to the program (I can never reach the desired number of sweeps).  I've tried with a different range of frequencies on the chopper, but regardless of this, the program seems to 'time out' after 10 seconds.  I've tried finding the problem, but I can't seem to get it... Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Cam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,410 Views)

Cam,

It would be helpful to know what settings you are using for each input.  Are you using the Tek223x Example.vi?  If you open the block diagram and turn on context help (Ctrl+H), there is a lot of documentation on how to interface with the instrument.  It would probably benefit you to go over this documentation to make sure that both the instrument, and the program have the correct settings, as it explicitly states in the help that this instrument is difficult to interface with. ("We found the Tektronix 2230 digital storage oscilloscope somewhat difficult to operate over the GPIB.")  

Good Luck!

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,402 Views)