LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify mulit-plot chart in front panel from subVI - property node doesn't accept cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying do a multi-plot waveform chart on the front panel from a sub VI.  I have created a control reference and fed it in a cluster to the subVI.  When I try to connect a cluster of the data for the front panel I get a broken wire:

Cluster into property node 2.PNG

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,343 Views)

Why are you trying to wire a cluster to it? The property node clearly shows that it is expecting a scalar. That is the default for a single plot chart.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,342 Views)

Thanks Dennis,

Yes I can see that I can fix it by just wiring a scalar but that is not going to get me a mulit-plot chart. 

I suppose my simple minded way of thinking is that because the chart will accept a cluster on the front panel then it should accept a cluster in the subVI.  I am probably in way above my depth, I am very much a beginner with all this control reference, property node, typedef.... stuff. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,338 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgaastra

If you want the chart to accept a cluster in the subVI, first wire a cluster to the chart in the main VI and then recreate the reference.

Message 4 of 5
(2,334 Views)

Thanks Dennis,

It sounds too easy to be true!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,329 Views)