From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified Waveform Scalar Multiple Limit Comparison VI

Hello,

I am fairly new to LabVIEW and need to create a module to be used when testing equipment.

I need to read data from a .txt file and then compare each data point to a limit.

I only need to read the text file starting at the line that says "data:" and every line after that. If the data point is greater than the limit, I need it to be flagged as a failure. Each data point needs to be compared to a different limit, they are not all being compared to the same limit. Once the module finishes comparing the data, I need it to generate an additional .txt file with the failure reports.

I know there are several ways to achieve this, but what structures does the community suggest I use for the simplest VI?

Thank you,

Rachel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,861 Views)

Hi Rachel,

what structures does the community suggest I use for the simplest VI?

Use a FOR loop to iterate over all lines/rows in your text file…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,835 Views)

In range and coerce can accept arrays on all three inputs,  however,  you may want to auto index in a for loop anyhow so you can use conditional output tunnels ( or a conditional channel wire writer) to select the failures to write to the new report.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,829 Views)