LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Communication with Labview

I am trying to control my modem connected to the serial port by sending AT command with LabView. So that the modem will send text message to the other modem in designated events.

Inputting the following statement in "HyperTerminal" of Windows 2000, I can send message to the other modem.

AT+CMGS="8040001"Hello!

In the statement above, "8040001" is the phone number of the modem to be connected to. is carriage return, is the line feed, "Hello!" is the message content, is the keystroke to send the statement.

To input the AT command above with Labview, i need to construct a string of the command above and input it into the "Serial Write" vi (Pls correct me, if I am wrong). But what is the equiv
alent of , the keystroke in hyperterminal to send the last command, in LabView. I.e. how do I make my LabView to "Press" programmatically.

Pls help

Roger
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,276 Views)
Hi Roger,

take a string constant, right mouse click on it, select "hex view" (or
something like that) and now you can enter the hex value of ctrl+Z (1A),
or you select "code view" and enter \1A.

Niko

rogchan wrote:
> I am trying to control my modem connected to the serial port by
> sending AT command with LabView. So that the modem will send text
> message to the other modem in designated events.
>
> Inputting the following statement in "HyperTerminal" of Windows 2000,
> I can send message to the other modem.
>
> AT+CMGS="8040001"Hello!
>
> In the statement above, "8040001" is the phone number of the modem to
> be connected to. is carriage return, is the line feed,
> "Hello!" is the message content, is the keystr
oke to send the
> statement.
>
> To input the AT command above with Labview, i need to construct a
> string of the command above and input it into the "Serial Write" vi
> (Pls correct me, if I am wrong). But what is the equivalent of
> , the keystroke in hyperterminal to send the last command, in
> LabView. I.e. how do I make my LabView to "Press"
> programmatically.
>
> Pls help
>
> Roger
Message 2 of 4
(3,275 Views)

@rogchan wrote:
I am trying to control my modem connected to the serial port by sending AT command with LabView. So that the modem will send text message to the other modem in designated events.

Inputting the following statement in "HyperTerminal" of Windows 2000, I can send message to the other modem.

AT+CMGS="8040001"Hello!

In the statement above, "8040001" is the phone number of the modem to be connected to. is carriage return, is the line feed, "Hello!" is the message content, is the keystroke to send the statement.

To input the AT command above with Labview, i need to construct a string of the command above and input it into the "Serial Write" vi (Pls correct me, if I am wrong). But what is the equiv
alent of , the keystroke in hyperterminal to send the last command, in LabView. I.e. how do I make my LabView to "Press" programmatically.

Pls help

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,390 Views)

Not sure why you bumped such an old thread but you need to use concatenate string and add the "enter" key which is probably carriage return. If that doesn't work try the end of line constant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,385 Views)