LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus is Simens V20 Inverter communication

@smithed wrote:

It looks like you want to set 40001 (holding register 0x01) to a value of 0 to disable the watchdog timer.

Woops, I made the classic mistake -- the holding register address is 0x00

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(545 Views)

Thanks smithed,

Its RTU that im using.

I have turned off the watchdog timer. 40001 is set to 0 now.

However i still get the error. 

Thanks for the information. There must be something causing parameter access or something else.

I recall somewhere that the inverter sends an error on purpose and it needs to be ignored. but im trying to find this again.

What would the best method of trouble shooting this?

With regards to the data 47F and 47E its not so important as of now because im not able to write anything let alone send the correct data! 

I am unable to read the STW as well. I know the STW is not set at 0 from the BOP but in labVIEW STW is 0. (see attached)

Telegram time is set to 0, previously set to 130

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(535 Views)

i have found the statement i was talking about, it seems redundant at the moment see attached (statement at the buttom) 

Any help is much apreciated! I thought modbus would be much easier to get working than this.

Additional information on cyclic and acyclic communication that is metnioned in the simens manual. Something that was not learnt while i was researching modbus, i have a feeling this is Simens addition to the use of modbus?

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(534 Views)

The most common problem with MOD bus for new users is using the wrong Request ID  

are you using FC6? What error is being returned?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(531 Views)
@FlyingKiwi77 wrote:

I thought modbus would be much easier to get working than this.

Modbus is much easier to get working than this -- you definitely have modbus working. Its the device at the other end thats being a pain 😛

@FlyingKiwi77 wrote:

Additional information on cyclic and acyclic communication that is metnioned in the simens manual. Something that was not learnt while i was researching modbus, i have a feeling this is Simens addition to the use of modbus?

It just sounds like they are saying they will automatically poll through each device in series.

One thing I noticed is Access Level on 186 -- are you setting that to the appropriate level for turning it on?

I opened your code and I'm confused -- I'm looking at the modbus register table on pg 177+ and holding register at address d59 is marked as the read-only "last warning". STW is address d99. You're also not checking errors on those first few writes. My guess would be that you are getting that error because you are writing to register 60 (address 59) which is read-only.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(525 Views)