LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Slave I/O Server 32 port limitation

I aplogize if i wasn't clear in my last post. All the PLC's are independent and they will control a different section of the plant. The PLC's are the Modbus Masters, LabVIEW and the PXI Chassis are the slave devices. I'm using labVIEW to simulate pumps,valves,generators,etc, to help develop the software for our PLC's prior to us deploying and installing. We will need to continue to develop once everything is deployed and we can't keep massive generators in our lab to develop with. it's part of the reason we need to use labVIEW to simulate so many devices. Right now i'm working on serial RS-485 signals, i'm trying to design one sim/stim console to control everything from. 

Currently using the built-in Modbus libraries i can have 1 slave device per comm port, Some of the PLC's talk with 30+ differnt Slave ID's and i need to be able to communicate with all of them. The MODBUS I/O server in the RT/DSC Module allows me to assign multiple slave ID's to one serial port which is awesome. the limitation is the software only allows ports 1-32 to be selected, as seen in my first post. My PXI chassis currently have 96 ports in them and we will be expanding this to 144 in the near future.

i've created another picture to hopefully go along with what i'm saying, my microsoft paint skills are not the greatest. 

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(276 Views)

I think I see what you are getting into. 

You are basically creating a HIL Laboratory. 

This is not easy! I suspect that you have that much figured out.

I don't think that the NI modbus library is ready for that off the shelf .  But, it is open source!  Teaming up with a HIL-SIL area expert may be your best shot at making this work.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(271 Views)