From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Init Warning 1073676294

Hi All,

Setup: Read Modbus Registers (Serial) of modbus slave.

When the initialization of the code is taking place, i get the warning

Status Code 1073676294 (Hex 0x3FFF0006) maps to a status report. The status code indicates The Number of Bytes Transferred is Equal to the Input Count. More data might be available.

I have read some threads, but they are getting this error when reading, but i am getting this error in modbus master's (Mod Init) subvi where the port initializzation is taking place before reading & writing.

In extentation, if the slave device gives timeout then the modbus master does not poll the slave, can the above warning is responsible for this issue.

Regards,

Shrenik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,892 Views)

Hi Shrekt,

The warning is not creating any issue for you read and write function.

If you are getting timeout error then probably you have to check your device configuration means your device ID or Mode.

Verify your register address with your device manual, if some mismatch is there this will give you timeout error.

Sometime some device manuals represents that the to read the value register address is 1,2,3,......

But in actual program you have to read it with 40001,40002 like that. So try this also.

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Goyal

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,886 Views)

Thank you for the reply,

My communication the slave device is OK, but sometime if timeout is there for half an hour then it fails to reconnect.

Regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,880 Views)

Hi,

If your communication is OK and sometime you got timeout then you have to check your time delay.

The Time synchronization plays a major role in your serial communication. Try with some different time delay.

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Goyal

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,879 Views)