LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus ASCII

Hi,

I'm a new user of Labview so I'm quiet lost. Smiley Embarassed

Someone know how to use the modbus library to communicate in ASCII mode with a machine ? An example will be welcome Smiley Happy

Peter.

Labview 2010
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,639 Views)

Hi Peter Saraiva,

There is a thread in Labview discussion forum related to this please check.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/modbus-ASCII-library/td-p/641292

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,620 Views)

Hi Danil33,

thank you for your answer.

best regards

Peter.

Labview 2010
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,612 Views)

Peter,

Do you achieved what you are trying to do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,609 Views)

no I don't, I've seen the link that you sent to me but there isn't the solution.

I found a VI which works in ASCII mode. The writing in my device works correctly but it lag when I have to read and a error occured : Timeout , but when I click on continue I can see the answer of the device in the box.

Any idea ?

i enclose the Vi

Peter.

Labview 2010
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,606 Views)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your program!

Labview fails with their Modbus library. It doesn't work. Your program is much easier and (most important thing) it works fine.

The problem with your error is you read too many bits. You can solve this to change ''bytes to read'' in a property node with ''number of bytes at serial port''.

Feromartex

Labview 2010

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,499 Views)

@Feromartex wrote:

Labview fails with their Modbus library. It doesn't work

It works for me.

In any case, you should note that this is an old thread, so presumably Peter no longer needs help with the problem.

(4,489 Views)

@tst wrote:

@Feromartex wrote:

Labview fails with their Modbus library. It doesn't work

It works for me.

In any case, you should note that this is an old thread, so presumably Peter no longer needs help with the problem.

Haha I still want to thank Peter and I want to help other people.

Indeed the RTU works fine but the ASCII mode doesn't work to me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,470 Views)