From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modal Testing VIs that DON'T require Sound and Vibrations Toolkit PLEASE!!!

I'm hoping for some example VIs that don't require the sound and vibrations toolkit. Its a very simple set up with 6 accelerometers, an impact hammer, and a DAQ. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,049 Views)

Go to LabVIEW, Help, Find Examples.  There are a lot, most of which do not involve the Sound and Vibrations Toolkit.

If you have specific code that you want us to critique, please attach it (attach the actual VI, not a static picture that we can't explore or execute).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,997 Views)

I have found several VI examples which I can use, however, I've since run into the issue that I have changed DAQ and the current one does not support analog triggering. Does anyone have a digital work around for that? I attempted a Rising Digital Edge, but then once the input from the impact hammer is no longer rising, it changes to a false condition and stops collecting data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,783 Views)

You are still being very secretive, not showing your VI, not telling us what hardware you are using, not allowing us to help you.  I just did a little project using NI's USB-6009 (an inexpensive USB-powered multi-function unit) and used it to (a) generate a TTL output with a "rising edge" and (b) wired that output to the A/D trigger input, and away we go. 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,766 Views)

Sorry, I'm very very new to labview and I haven't had a functional VI yet. I did a simple daq assistant to spectral analysis (power spectrum) to get the Fourier transform, only to realize that, because I couldn't use an analog trigger, my fft was all noise. 

I have a 6024e DAQ, 333b30 accelerometers, with a Model 481A signal conditioner and 086Co3 impact hammer. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,764 Views)

Somewhere there's a Function Generator VI that you can use to generate a known waveform that you could wire to Spectral Analysis, and at least get that part running.  There are also tutorials on DAQmx that will help you with getting your data, and, if all else fails, you can simply set it to take, say, 1000 samples "on demand" and generate a "noise" data set for analysis.

Seek and Ye Shall Find.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,744 Views)