From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Signal Graph => wrong line names

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to use a Mixed Signal Graph and i noticed that the line names of the digital waveforms are not correctly displayed.

For example:

At the attributes of the waveforms the line nams are defined like "Name1"; "Name2"; "Name3"...

At the Mixed Signal Graph the first line is correctly called "Name1" but all others are called "Digital 1->Line 0"; "Digital 2->Line 0" ...

Is that a bug in LabView?

If you use a normal digital graph all names are shown correctly.

Yeah, I know I can change the linenames with a property node, but it also should work with the waveform attributes.

And a second little question: Why are there no digital charts and Mixed Signal charts? I always have to build them manually...

Best Regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,028 Views)

Hi ReinhardG,

i tried to reproduce your problem but it didn't happen to me.

Maybe you could send a screenshot of your blockdiagramm and also of the graph to reproduce it correctly.

For your second question: I don't know 😉

But you could suggest it in the following forum:

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/labviewideas

and if enough people like the idea it is possible that they will include this into a newer version of LabVIEW

greetings

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,973 Views)

Hi,

Ok, funny fact:

I built up a test-VI for showing to you and I realised that this "maybe bug" only occure if the mixed signal graph is feeded by an digital waveform AND an analog waveform. If you use only the digital waveform the names are shown correctly.

Best Regards

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,956 Views)

Don't any of you know anything about this "bug"?

BR

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,914 Views)

Sorry Reinhard,

I don't had time till now to try it. I could reproduce the problem.

After that I will fill out a Bug Report and send you the number of the CAR which it will be in.

But I think this seems low priority because it can be fixed real quick with property nodes.

I will give you further informations when I know more

regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,900 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ReinhardG

Hello Reinhard,

I think I found a link that could cover your problem. It looks like it is known for some time

How can I assign names to my Digital waveform shown in Mixed Signal Graph?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A6D74595D0EEFA6386257D77006537DE?OpenDocument

Best Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,889 Views)

Hi,

Yeah, now it works!

Thank you!

BR

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7