LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitsubishi FX3U PLC OPC troubles

I have a LavVIEW 2009 SP1 application that uses the DSC module to communicate with a Mitsubish OPC Server (v6.01). The connection takes a while but eventually everything runs fine. I am monitoring ~100 labels (tags) in the PLC. I keep getting the NI Error -1950679030 (unspecified error) during statup. I let the SW keep trying to read the tags and eventually the error goes away and every thing is fine but it takes about 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,805 Views)

Hello Gary_MavSysInc,

Thanks for the post, I have a few questions in order to have a better idea of what you are trying to do:

• Has this issue always occurred or has it just recently started?
  • How is your application currently set up, are you using OPC IO Servers and bound variables to monitor tag information in LabVIEW or do you have another software configuration?
  • Do you have successful OPC Server communication during the beginning stages of your application? To test this you could use the OPC Quick Client to monitor if your tags are updating during the period when you get the unspecified error.
  • Do you have your firewall settings turned off?

Here are a few links that may help you with your application.

Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC Using OPC

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7450/en

Error -1950679030 - 0x8BBB000A

Shared Variable Quality Codes

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2B247C11154F7D5F862572190007D1B7?OpenDocument

Paul-B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,759 Views)

The problem has been thre since the beginning. On startup I get connection errors for a couple of minutes and then every thing clears up. I have OPC clients provided by Mitsubishi and they never indicate any problems. No fire wall is on. Yes I am using IO Servers and bound variables. I do not have access to the software any more as my client unexpectedly terminated my contract on Thursday.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,752 Views)

Hello GaryArmstrong,

Would it be possible for you to get diagnostic log files from your client for the IO Server and post it. From the Configure OPC I/O Server window in LabVIEW you can enable diagnostics and generate a log file under the Diagnostics Tab. This log can help identify any potential communication issues with your OPC IO Server.

Paul-B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,722 Views)

I'll try but it may take a while.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,715 Views)