LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake 1073807302 by using VISA Read

Hello,

I want to communicate with a photometer, that used a HID interface. The device use a PIC24FJ.

The photometer is new (published in the last month) and the interface protocol isn´t published yet, but I got a preliminary version from the producer.

I created a driver by using VISA Driver Wizard and the device is in MAX visible.

Now i can use "VISA Write" and the device react to the commands, but it isn´t possible to read the data from device. 

Mistake No. 1073807302

When I try to read the data by using the VISA test panel in MAX I get a "Read Operation Error  0xBFFF003A".

Also I tried to communicate by using mcHID.dll (Link), but LabVIEW always crashed.

I attached my VISA Test VI.

Have anyone an idea, which can solved my problem?

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,645 Views)

Hi,

Try to use VISA Configure Serial Port on the very beginning to set up transmission parameters properly.

Have you tried to put some delay between write and read?

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,642 Views)

Hi Marcin,

thank you for your answer.

I use the class USB Raw, so it isn´t possible to use "VISA Configure Serial Port".

Also I tried to insert a delay between Write and Read by using the Express VI Delay, but I don´t succeded. The problem is also there, if I want only read from Device in a VI.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,634 Views)

I have no idea how to deal with this error. Can you maybe try to use dlls from the manufacturer of the device? Are they available for you?

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,614 Views)

I´ve got the code from a Demo application by manufracturer, which can communicate the device.

When I understand the c code correct, they used the setupapi.dll. So this way have to be possible.

But first I want to try to solve this problem by using VISA, because this should be much easier?!

Maybe someone else have got any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,605 Views)