From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing wire connectors on DAQ Assistant express VI's

I'm seeing some strange behavior on one specific computer running LabVIEW. The problem is that DAQ Assistant VI's have no connector points. I have nine other identical computers (used in a classroom setting) but I don't see this behavior on the others (I haven't tested them all). I've removed LabVIEW (and all other NI software) and re-installed it (LabVIEW v 8.6.1). I also tried a more recent version of LabVIEW (2010?). Same behavior, no connector dots on DAQ Assistant VI's. The computers use DAQmx with USB hardware (cDAQ). I guess my next step is to format the hard drive and re-install everything. My theory is there's some kind of driver corruption. What do you think?
Message 1 of 5
(4,106 Views)

That is certainly strange behavior.  Typically the DAQ Assistant VIs don't have any wire connectors when the properties haven't been set. Are you seeing this problem after you've created the properties specifications of that VI?  

If you haven't created the properties, when you drop the DAQ Assistant onto the palette does the "Create New Express Task..." window appear?  If not, have you tried right clicking on the VI and selecting properties?  After you go through this process, the wire connectors should appear and allow for connection. 

Let me know what happens when you select Properties and any steps you go through when creating a DAQ Assistant VI.

Allie F.

Message 2 of 5
(4,087 Views)

Allie,

Here are the steps I use to create the Express VI using the DAQ Assistant:

* On the block diagram:

Right click -> Measurement I/O -> MX -> DAQ Assistant

* Drop Blue box on block diagram.

* Configuration Screen Appears

Aqcuire Signals -> Analog Input -> Voltage -> Dev1 (USB 9219) -> ai0 -> Finish

* Voltage Input Setup Appears

Accept default settings -> click OK

* Voltage Input screen disappears, a blue DAQ Assistant appears on block diagram. No connection points.

When I execute the exact same procedure on another computer I get a DAQ Assistant with connection points.

Weird eh?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,077 Views)

I found a KB on it and it states this:

This can occur if you have turned off ActiveX in your LabVIEW Options.  To remedy this selectTools»Options...»VI Server and ensure that the ActiveX box is checked.  Additionally you may delete your LabVIEW INI file where this configuration is saved.  With a restart of LabVIEW a new INI file will be generated restoring all default settings (where ActiveX is enabled).

If none of that works, maybe your DAQmx driver is corrupted. I would next try a repair of that.

Best of luck,

Allie F

Message 4 of 5
(4,074 Views)

hi,

Deleting the LabVIEW ini file resolves the issue

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,022 Views)