From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sub vi to run application

Hello.

I have a 3rd party developed Labview program. It runs fine on one computer. When I tried to copy the whole program and run it on another one, it gave me error messages saying some of the sub vi's are missing. But when I did a search on the whole computer (the one working fine), I couldn't find with those files. The path the program was looking at seems strange. It was <vilib>:\path\sub vi.vi

Does anyone know how this happen and how I can get the program running on another computer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,891 Views)
Hi Rasheed,
                      On the pc where it works well open the main vi or blank vi . goto "tools\find vis on disk" make sure the "Search inside the llb file " option is enabled 7 search for the missing vi name. this missing vi is in VI library & hence cannot be searched using windows search. after u locate the llb, copy on the destination pc

Or

Best approach is to open main vi & then select "file \ save as" and then select "duplicate hierarch to new location" specofy a fresh folder name & then copy this folder to another pc

Njoy 🙂Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,879 Views)
Open the Main VI and look the hierarchy of the VI or open in Project and see the linked files location in File View Tab. Or you can create a LLB from the main VI, selecting the option to include all files and transfer to the other computer. This way you can ensure that no file is missing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,859 Views)
hi

i feel that you are not having some tools in your system which the other system has.
i feel the path includes 'addons'.
in either case, you might be missing certains tools.
vilib has all the tools installed on your system.. install the required toolkits and try running the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,843 Views)