From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing peaks in waveform peak detection.vi

I am also attaching my VI here. It is dirty and messy and I am sure many of you will identify better ways of simplifying it.

I am happy to take any suggestions onboard please.

Jas

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(2,471 Views)

Hi Jaspal ,

I have a look at your data samples. I have a try like this (detrend->peak detection with a suitable threshold). 

peaksc2.gif

peaksc1.gif

Zhijun Gu

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(2,447 Views)

Hi Zhijun,

Thank you for the post. It indeed is the way forward. I did implement the above in the real time data acquisition and WA detrend and WA Multiscale peak detection doesnt seem to work.

I am sure Ihave not set some parameter righ. I did have a look at the detailed help and seem to be missing something here. Can you please suggest what is going on. I will paste a jpg of the code to give na idea of what I am doing.

I can detrend the signals using filters and detect peaks using waverforms peak detection. But would like to implement Wavelet peak detection beacuse of its obvious advantages.

Thanks again,

Jas

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(2,433 Views)

Hi,

Could you pleast attach the VI here?

BTW, what you are doing now seems to be "Heart Rate Variability Analysis".  NI has released a startup kit named "Biomedical Startup Kit 2.0" which includes HRV Analysis.

You could refer to it : http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9037

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4754

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(2,428 Views)

Hi Zhijun,

Yeah, you are right. I am implementing HRV analysis and using this information to setup a test sytem for biofeedback analysis.

I am attaching the VI here.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,423 Views)

Hi,

It is difficult to say which parameter suitable for your use case. From you VI, I couldn't find anything wrong. I could not run you VI because of lack of some subVIs.

Could you please attach your data samples which don't work with your current settings?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(2,417 Views)
Smiley Surprised I hope you did not learn that programming style in a Labview class. Your program may work. But this is not the proper way to do itSmiley Indifferent

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,412 Views)

Hi Zhijun,

the data samples are the same as the one posted earlier.That is the general trend of the signal. The WA Multiscale Peak detection VI seems to detect peaks but the timing information of the raw data and peak data is not right. (If you see the peak plot time scale on front panel)

I am attaching the sub VI,s. not sure if that helps.

Message Edited by Jaspal on 06-30-2009 05:00 AM
Message Edited by Jaspal on 06-30-2009 05:01 AM
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(2,409 Views)

Hi Coq Rouge,

You are right. I did. I so knew that Labview experienced would look at my code and go, what is this!!!

I have just thought of the flowchart and implemented as I went along. Didn't really think about timing and so many other details.

Would you suggest me to start somewhere or point me to some information that I can use to improve what I am doing here.

Thanks

Message Edited by Jaspal on 06-30-2009 04:59 AM
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(2,405 Views)

Hi,

The previous data samples could work with WA Multiscale Peak Detection. What you said about the time info may be originated from filter. Filtering will result in some time shift between original raw signals and filtered signals.

I don't know what's the problem you ran into?

From the screenshots I attached above, the peak locations are right.

帖子被Zhijun Gu在 06-30-2009 05:02 AM
时编辑过了
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(2,402 Views)