LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I've recently been tasked with updating some old LabView 5.2 files to 8.6.  In order to do this, I first had to get an evaluation copy of 8.2.1 by calling tech support so that I could save the 5.2 files in a format that is readable in 8.6.  However, when I opened the files I was told by the (8.2.1) software that the following VIs are missing: AI Hardware Config.vi, AI Config.vi, AI SIngleScan.vi, DIO Port Write.vi, and DIO Port Config.vi.  After much searching and after contacting tech support again, I found that these should be available after installing the NI-DAQmx 8.7.2 driver which I did.  However, I still cannot seem to find these library VIs.  I've read a few message board posts from people looking for these files but their problems seem to be fixed after they install the NI-DAQ driver.  I'm very new to LabView (I just found out what it is earlier this week!), so simple instructions would be appreciated if you guys can help me out.

Thanks, Gabe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,618 Views)

You installed the incorrect driver. They are not part of DAQmx. They are part of what is called the traditional DAQ driver. This is included with your LabVIEW distribution but not installed by default. You can also download the driver.

Message 2 of 6
(4,614 Views)
I downloaded and installed the "Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4" driver from the location you provided, but had no luck finding those files.  Am I maybe doing something else wrong?  Basically I'm just opening the VI through Windows.  When it tries to open the file, I'm confronted with a dialogue that says "Loading: <vilib>:\DAQ\ZADVD.LLB\AI Hardware Config.vi" and then searches through the "C:\Program Files\National INstruments\Labview 8.2\" directory.  Thank you for helping me with this!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,601 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Capmaster
Look in the vi.lib folder for the DAQ folder and see if you have a dozen .llb files. If you also have 8.6 installed, you might want to check to see if the driver got installed there. I think the driver only gets installed for a single version and it might default to the latest.
Message 4 of 6
(4,592 Views)

Exelent, the missing VIs were actually in the \National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Daq\ folder since I'd upgraded from 8.5 to 8.6.  For anybody else reading this thread later down the road, I guess it's also important to note that the VIs are contained in the .llb files so you can't just search for them through Windows.  To be specific, I found AI Hardware Config.vi in zadvd.llb and AI Config.vi in the AI.llb file.

Thanks again for all the help Dennis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,532 Views)

I just had the exact same problem and this has fixed it for me in no time........Smiley Very Happy thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,515 Views)