From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing USB VISA Resource

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just started configuring a new installation of LV 2016 on a Win 10 machine. I have a USB 6501 plugged in. It shows up in IMAX and the Device Manager. When I open a VISA Resource control on a LV front panel, the device is not shown in the pull down menu. I apologize if this is common  but I have little experience with USB instruments. I would appreciate some help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,267 Views)

For that you have to install a NI VISA driver, that's here https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7tJSAS&l=en-IN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,261 Views)

Driver installed, Version 19, I believe.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,255 Views)

Hmm.....I just checked it on another machine with Win 7  and I get the same result so I must be doing something wrong. I am using a plain vanilla VISA Open VI and creating a FP control. I also checked the VISA Alias list in IMAX and it is not there but shows up in the IMAX hierarchy as "Dev2". I have Resource Names for some other GPIB-USB instruments that are installed and I am able to run them correctly. It's just the 6501 that is not showing up in LV.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,251 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yikes

Thanks for the help. The 6501 is under the DAQ umbrella not VISA. Device Name not Visa Resource.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,207 Views)