LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing USB VISA Resource

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just started configuring a new installation of LV 2016 on a Win 10 machine. I have a USB 6501 plugged in. It shows up in IMAX and the Device Manager. When I open a VISA Resource control on a LV front panel, the device is not shown in the pull down menu. I apologize if this is common  but I have little experience with USB instruments. I would appreciate some help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,263 Views)

For that you have to install a NI VISA driver, that's here https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7tJSAS&l=en-IN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,257 Views)

Driver installed, Version 19, I believe.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,251 Views)

Hmm.....I just checked it on another machine with Win 7  and I get the same result so I must be doing something wrong. I am using a plain vanilla VISA Open VI and creating a FP control. I also checked the VISA Alias list in IMAX and it is not there but shows up in the IMAX hierarchy as "Dev2". I have Resource Names for some other GPIB-USB instruments that are installed and I am able to run them correctly. It's just the 6501 that is not showing up in LV.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,247 Views)
Solution
Accepted by yikes

Thanks for the help. The 6501 is under the DAQ umbrella not VISA. Device Name not Visa Resource.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,203 Views)