LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Files in Feb. 2010 Device Drivers installer

Solved!
Go to solution
I have downloaded the February 2010 several times.  Each time I try to run the installer, I get several error messages saying that installation files are missing.  Has anyone else had these issues?  Is there a workaround for it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,999 Views)
Did you download both files?  There were two separate downloads at ~1.7 GB  each.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,991 Views)
Yes, I downloaded both of them several times. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,971 Views)

Did you unzip both of them?

I'm sorry if it sounds like a simple question.  But I was able to download both and had no problems.  The default location they were unzipped to was C:\National Instruments Downloads\NI Device Drivers\Feb10 for me.

Attached is a screenshot of my folder where they were unzipped to (at least the top level).  See if your folder is missing any of these.

I would have suggested a corrupt download file, but since you downloaded them several times, I doubt that is the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nate

Ok so the problem turned out to be I unzipped them into different directories.  I put download 1 into Device Driver 1 folder and download 2 into the Device Driver 2 folder thinking that they would work like they used to on different disks.  Also, it's kinda misleading because the download 1 tries to run itself after unzipping.  This is a problem if you haven't already unzipped download 2.

Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,936 Views)