LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing File IO tools on my block diagram

I am trying to log data to a USB drive using a cRIO-9040. I have found some examples that I try to follow but all of the examples tell me to use functions from the "File I/O" folder in the block diagram pallet. The current issue is that I do not have a "File I/O" folder in my block diagram pallet. I have attached a jpg showing what I do have in my block diagram pallet. How do I move forward so I can save data from my FPGA Target using my cRIO-9040 and be able to retrieve that data using a USB flash drive?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(617 Views)

Because you are on the FPGA side of the cRIO, this one cannot write to USB drives, you need to implement the file I/O code in the RT side of the cRIO if there is one (I am not familiar) or implement it on the Host side.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(609 Views)

You have to do your File IO on the cRIO. At the moment, you're trying to do File IO on the FPGA.

You have to get your data from the FPGA to the cRIO using FIFO or reading control values. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(608 Views)