LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Block in Labview 8.5?

I'm trying to use a VI that was developed in Labview 8.0 on a different computer.  I've also been able to run the same VI in Labview 8.2 on that computer.  I'm now trying to run the VI in Labview 8.5 on the computer I'm currently on.  However, the VI won't work, due to error messages in a block in a sub-VI.  I looked in the sub-VIs and found that the problem stems from using a property block called "DAQmx Event".  The sub-VIs are used to create headers for our raw data files and it appears that this property block is used to get information such as number of channels and which channels are being used, as well as the scaling coefficients for the samples.  I also looked through the different blocks and could find similar ones to this but not this one.  I'm not sure if it got changed or deleted or if something else is the problem, but I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.  Also, I am running DAQmx 8.6.

Thank you,
Alan Stemmons
alanstem469@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,181 Views)
Did you first install DAQmx or LabVIEW.
If you installed DAQmx first you most likely missed the 'LabVIEW 8.5' support section of the installer just rerun it.

Also make sure you use DAQmx 8.6.1

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,174 Views)